Shire of Three Springs

The Three Springs Road District was constituted on 2 November 1928 from parts of the neighbouring road districts of Mingenew, Perenjori and Carnamah. It held its first meeting on 2 February 1929, with E. Hunt as its first chairman. On 1 July 1961, it became a shire under the Local Government Act 1960, which reformed all remaining road districts into shires.