This continuous applicant pool is open to candidates that meet the mandatory requirements of the Guidance Officer role as detailed in the attached role description. Appointments progressed as a result of this applicant pool (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months. Applications may be reviewed and considered throughout 2021, if and when short term temporary engagements are required. The submission of an application to this applicant pool does not guarantee an offer of employment or an application assessment response.
Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time,Part-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Classification Stream 2 /GO2
Workplace Location Moreton Bay - North, Moreton Bay - South, Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay
Job ad reference QLD/NCR353007/20T
Closing date 17-Sep-2021
Yearly salary $114886 - $120682
Fortnightly salary $4403.60 - $4625.70
Job duration Throughout the 2021 school year unless otherwise determined
Contact person Jo Brown
Contact details (07) 5352 9211
As the Guidance Officer you will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
- Advocate, provide counselling, psychoeducational assessment and individual student support, recommendations and advice to students, teachers and parents concerning educational, behavioural, career development, mental health and family issues.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and facilitate effective working relationships and partnerships with parents, school personnel and external support agencies in order to provide comprehensive support, case management and referral service that optimises students' access and engagement in educational programs.
- Provide a counselling and referral service to assist students in decision making about critical educational, personal, social, emotional and career development, and provide ongoing support during the implementation phase of their decision.
- Conduct activities such as student observation and psychoeducational assessment in order to determine the nature of student learning difficulties, disability, developmental levels or psychological and emotional status in order to make recommendations for educational adjustments and interventions.
- Assist schools in the implementation of student protection, gifted and talented education, behaviour support policies and risk management processes that may involve the development of individualised student plans, including Educational Support Plans.
- Provide specific support in secondary schools that may include involvement in the process of Senior Education and Training (SET) planning, career development and future pathway options counselling.
- Balance the ethical issues of privacy and confidentiality for each student with the appropriateness of sharing information with others, and maintain a comprehensive and professional record keeping system that complies with policy and legal requirements of parental and legal access to official records.
- Participate in relevant professional development, and prepare and implement professional and personal skill development programs and in-service activities for administrators, teachers and parents.
Mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at www.qct.edu.au
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
AND one of the following:
- Completed coursework Masters, majoring in guidance and counselling, or an equivalent completed coursework Masters including study in the areas of psychoeducational assessment, counselling and mental health
- General or provisional registration as a psychologist through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board
- an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited four or five year qualification in psychology that will enable general registration as a psychologist following completion of a board approved internship or accredited sequence of study.
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time, or equivalent, teaching experience
- Current membership of the Queensland Guidance and Counselling Association (QGCA).
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume (max 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 1 page statement detailing your qualification experience and capabilities relevant to the Guidance Officer role
- Complete the online questionnaire (this will open after you apply)
- Responses to this advertisement form part of a continuous applicant pool. Applicants are requested to withdraw their application in the situation where they are no longer available or interested in pursuing Guidance Officer employment opportunities
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.