Do you have a passion for working with Food?
Aurukun Shire Council is seeking an Assistant Cook to help prepare and present meals to the Chivaree Centre Clients.
If you feel you have the right skills to apply for this position, please visit the Aurukun Shire Council office to collect an application kit.
A police check will be required prior to interviews. This position does not come with housing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and presentation of nutritious meals for Chivaree Centre clients in conjunction with Head Cook
- Serve Chivaree Clients breakfast each morning in the dining room.
- Check clients off breakfast list.
- Clear all dirty dishes, bain-marie trays etc and take to kitchen.
- Wash up all equipment used by clients and Head Cook.
- Complete daily cleaning schedule of dining room, Kitchen, food stores, fridges and freezers.
- Other Duties as directed by Head Cook, Manager or Client Services
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Experience working with aged people with understanding and empathy
- Experience working within a kitchen or meal preparation area
- Yellow card
- Safe Food Handling