- Location: AU
- Company: Northern Beaches Council
- Division: Transport & Assets
- Business Unit: Recreation Business
- Aquatic Educator
- Position: Casual
Reporting to the Team Leader, Aquatic Programs, the role of the Aquatic Educator is to deliver high-quality aquatic education to a broad range of people at the Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre and contribute to the overall goals of the program.
- Planning and implementing Aquatic Education plans as per the Program Curriculum to achieve short term and long term outcomes
- Plan, organize, and conduct lessons and/or squad sessions
- Facilitating the skill development of swimmers with a range of skill levels to achieve performance outcomes
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to swimming
- Develop and maintain rapport with swimmers and parents of the program
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations
- Monitor swimmers use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use
- Ensure that quality service is provided to all customers by responding promptly and courteously to requests for assistance and information
- Be accountable for the provision of information regarding the correct use and range of facilities and programs available at the centre.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of equipment, cleanliness of the storage areas, setting up and packing away equipment required prior to and after your shift.
- Monitor the student’s progression of the swimmers under your guidance and inform the supervisors of their ability for possible progression.
- Liaise with Team Leader and deck supervisors in regards to lane allocations, enrolment attendance and customer communication.
- To follow AUSTSWIM, ROYAL LIFE SAVING SOCIETY, SWIM AUSTRALIA and ASTCA Teaching & Coaching Guidelines as it relates to Programing.
Educational & Experience Requirements
- As a minimum, Current Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or Current Swim Australia Teaching Qualification and/or Current ASTCA Coaching License or equivalent
- Relevant experience in teaching/coaching children and/or adults to swim
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Resuscitation Certificate
- Current Working With Children Check
Northern Beaches Council offers an attractive workplace, including:
- Genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits values-based culture and a team-oriented working environment
- A culture of supporting continuous professional development
- High level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
- Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Bec Goodman on (02) 9976 1661 during business hours.