JOB TYPE: Part Time
LISTED: 12 Jul 2021, 3:35 pm
CLOSING: 4 Aug 2021, 5:00 pm
This is a rare opportunity to work in a role that is committed to making a positive contribution to the Shire. This is a dynamic role that is responsible for supporting leaders and employees to achieve a workplace culture focused on maintaining a safe working and workplace environment in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health legislation.
This role includes:
- Monitoring and implementing Council’s Safety Program and safety and health policies.
- Undertaking safety inductions for all new employees.
- Monitoring the system for all contractor, visitor and volunteer inductions.
- Coordinating health and wellbeing initiatives for all employees.
- Coordinating drug and alcohol testing of employees.
- Acting as an adviser and coach to senior management, the Safety Committee, safety representatives and employees, on all aspects of workplace safety and health.
- Coordinating the proactive function of Council’s Safety Committee.
- Coordinating response to incident and accident reports, including investigations as necessary.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A passion for ensuring the safety of your work colleagues and the community.
- Qualification in occupational safety and health, or progress towards, relevant qualifications.
- Sound understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Act and Regulations (desirable).
- Sound knowledge of occupational safety and health practices, ideally with experience in a similar role.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work autonomously, with excellent organisational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to provide advice on complex legislative matters.
- Excellent written skills and ability to compile quality research documents and data.
Well what are you waiting for? Click on the download button below to access the application pack for all the information about the position, including the position description, and how to apply. You can also find information on the Shire of Manjimup and the benefits of the local community.
To get further information please contact Paula Orr, Human Resources Manager, by phone (08) 9771 7751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit your application using one of the below methods:
- Click HERE ONLINE to submit an online application
- Send your application via email to email@example.com
- Post your application to PO Box 1, Manjimup WA 6258
Closing Date: 5.00pm Wednesday 4 August 2021