Organisation/Entity: Teaching Service
Job Category: Schools | TCH Other
Job Location: Sydney Region
Job Reference Number: 000085AS
Number of Positions: 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
Contact: 9724 3332 - Lyndall Droscher
Closing Date: 28/07/2021 - 04:00 PM
Principal Network: Fairfield
Staffing Area: Fairfield
School Name: Cabramatta West Public School
Cabramatta West Public School is situated in South Western Sydney and is part of the Metropolitan South directorate. The school pays respect and acknowledges that it is on Aboriginal land. Currently there are 510 students enrolled, of which approximately 96% of our students have a language background other than English.
Our school community has a valuable and diverse cultural heritage which is celebrated. Our community shares a commitment to excellence, strengthening inclusivity and fostering positive relationships in and beyond our school.
Cabramatta West Public School receives School Based Allocation Resource funds for socio-economic backgrounds, Aboriginal background, English language proficiency, low level adjustment for disability and support for beginning teachers. Equity funds are used to support student wellbeing, growth and attainment.
Cabramatta West Public School has multiple instructional leaders that support our commitment to ongoing improvement in literacy and numeracy. Their focus is on supporting the core business of teaching and learning to improve student outcomes.
Our school features a Support Unit, a school readiness program, a Vietnamese community languages program and school wide wellbeing initiatives. Positive Behaviour for Learning supports our whole school approach to wellbeing.
The school provides a range of academic, sporting, cultural and extra–curricular experiences including Dancesport, Primary School Sports Association activities (PSSA), Debating, Public Speaking and Creative and Performing Arts groups.
Our staff work collaboratively to develop high impact learning experiences for our students guided by current research. We are committed to continuous improvement for all.
The school and its community are committed to the strategic directions as identified in the 2021 – 2024 School Plan. A copy of the School Plan and further information about the school can be found on the school website: https://cabramattw-p.schools.nsw.gov.au/
In addition to the general selection criteria,
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies