Objectives of Position
Drive a semi-truck equipped with side tipper body to transport and dump loose
material such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, waste debris, bituminous materials,
water tankers and low loader application. Front end loader load truck with materials.
Liaise with the Works Manager regarding safety and operation matters and day to
Assist in the provision of a professional maintenance service throughout the Shire of Narembeen.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic numeracy skills including the ability to use these skills with money,
weight, volume and distance measurements.
- Developed problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of daily maintenance requirements for prime movers and
- General knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare policies within
- Experience on construction and general grader work.
- High School education; or up to one month related experience or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Local Government experience.
Qualifications and Training
- Current HC Class Driver’s Licence