An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and dedicated educator to join the leadership team as Head of Department - Curriculum. This role will have a focus on the Junior Phase.
Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position Type Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Classification Stream 2 /HO1
Workplace Location Gold Coast
Job ad reference QLD/SER380130/21T
Closing date 01-Aug-2021
Yearly salary $118045 - $124001
Fortnightly salary $4524.70 - $4752.90
Job duration Period of 6 months unless otherwise determined
Contact person Mark Peggrem
Contact details (07) 5502 5111
Pacific Pines SHS is a large High School at the Northern end of the Gold Coast with predicted enrolments of 2200 in 2022
As the Head of Department you will:
- the lead curriculum focus in line with school and departmental initiatives
- participate in delivering the vision of State Schools Division
- develop the quality of teaching and learning
- nurture positive relationships between students, teachers and stakeholders.
The Head of Department is accountable to and under the direction of the Principal or delegate.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.