Closes: 04 August 2021
Classification: Technical Officer Level 3
Salary: $77,011 - $87,032 plus superannuation
Position No: 33887, several
Directorate: Transport Canberra and City Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 21 July 2021
Contact Officer: Jeffrey VanAalst on Jeffrey.VanAalst@act.gov.au or (02) 6205 8257
Details: Join Transport Canberra and City Services as we make Canberra attractive, safe and easy to move around. We offer rewarding careers with great benefits, where you will work on projects that make a difference to the everyday lives of your family, friends and community.
City Presentation is a Branch within the City Services Division responsible for planning and management of parks and the public domain, including lakes, street trees and public open space and city places. It maintains the look of the city and its environs and is responsible for, city rangers and the protection of trees on public and private land.
The Place Management team within the TCCS, City Presentation branch are seeking expressions of interest for filling vacancies for the role of Contracts and Support Officer (TO3).
The primary responsibilities for this position are to:
- Manage contracts and service providers, conduct asset condition, maintenance and contract audits.
- Conduct field investigations, provide recommendations, make evidence-based decisions and prepare technical reports and responses to senior management, residents and for Ministerial correspondence.
- Review, respond to, and assess public land-use permits for events, nature strips, plans and construction activities within specified time frames.
- Liaise with a number of stakeholders including but not limited to other government directorates, service providers, community groups and residents.
- Provide technical input into and make evidence-based decisions regarding the development of policies, procedures, and tenders relating to the maintenance and management of urban open space assets.
- This position may involve direct supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the management of urban open space and associated built asset management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to contract management within ACT procurement guidelines and experience in the delivery of small scale urban open space projects.
- Demonstrated ability to review and provide technical advice on development applications and landscape plans
- High level communication (oral & written), liaison, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and the ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to utilise mobile devices effectively.
- A commitment to the provision of high-quality customer service principles, practices and attributes.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the TCCS Values framework, workplace respect, equity and diversity framework, workplace health and safety best practice and industrial democracy principles and practises.
Notes: A Merit Pool will be established from this selection process and will be used to fill vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Applications from potential candidates and should include:
- A supporting statement outlining experience and/or ability and addressing the requirements for each of the six points listed in the eligibility requirements.
- Contact details of two referees.
- A current curriculum vitae.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.