Council is seeking applications for the position of Casual Pool Lifeguards for the 2020/2021 season, which starts November 2020. You will be responsible for a wide range of duties including:
- Provide active and continuous supervision of the public using the pool facilities
- Respond to an emergency with the prime purpose of saving lives;
- Inspect and ensure that the lifesaving equipment, the facility, and amenities are ready of daily use and are safe;
- Conduct daily administrative tasks including the completion of documentation, and lodging of incident reports to Council;
- Educate, inform and when necessary, enforce the rules of behaviour for Council’s pools, and expectations for parental/adult supervision;
- Monitor, record and report and anomalies to Council staff on pool or water quality.
- RLSSA Pool Lifeguard licence
- Current Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate, including oxygen use
- Current WorkCover approved Senior First Aid Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise pool patrons
- Possess a “Working with Children Check” Clearance in accordance with the “Child Protection (WWC) Act 2012
The position is classified as Band 1 at $30.3846 per hour (which includes a casual loading) plus penalty rates for Saturday and Sunday work in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
Applicants should obtain a detailed position description and application form which are available on this page or by phoning Sam Armer on (03) 5888 5100. If you wish to discuss this position further, please contact Paul Massingham on (03) 5888 5100.
Position Description - Causal Pool Lifeguard
Applications should be marked “Confidential” - Casual Pool Lifeguards PO1012021 and forwarded to:
The General Manager
Berrigan Shire Council
PO Box 137
BERRIGAN NSW 2712
Or to: email@example.com