Reference number 30191
Position title Casual Protective Services Officers - Registration for Talent Pool
Employment status Talent Pool, Casual
Directorate Organisational Services
Award - Classification City of Gold Coast Certified Agreement 2019 - Stream A Administration Level 2
Salary Details Relevant Casual Loading to be applied to the above hourly rate
Hours per week 0
The Gold Coast is an outstanding global city proudly looking towards its future. We are inspired by lifestyle and driven by opportunity.
Here at the City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions, and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
Our Corporate Values:
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
Our Property Services Branch is currently seeking expressions of interest for Casual Protective Services Officer roles to maintain people, assets and control access at various City facilities/establishments.
About the Position
Maintain protection of people and assets and control access at City establishments, including;
- Controlling and monitoring access and egress of vehicles and pedestrians.
- Performing Protective Services control and alarm response.
- Addressing security breaches and providing advice on security-related issues.
- As an authorised officer monitor and enforce the following Local Government Acts:- Local Laws 1,2,3,4,7,9,11,12 and Subordinate Locals Laws
- Maintaining written and electronic security occurrence logs.
- Providing high-level customer service at all times.
- Assisting with general administrative duties as required.
- Complying with relevant operational procedures and systems.
- Producing written and computerised reports as directed.
- Adhering to and implementing State and Federal legislative requirements and procedures/practices, particularly concerning workplace safety.
- Maintaining a zero-tolerance approach to aggression displayed in the workplace.
- Performing other duties as directed if required.
- Minimum 2 years' service in an Emergency Services background in State/Federal Protective Services, Police, QFES or
- Australian Defence Force (administration roles not deemed suitable).
- Ability to communicate clear explanations regarding (function/discipline) processes and procedures in written and verbal form.
- A sound level of interpersonal and negotiation skills includes giving clear instructions and having them followed.
- Delivers high-quality service to customers (internal/external) and understands and reacts responsively to customer expectations.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and foster good relationships with team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and interact courteously and efficiently with internal and external customers to ensure a positive image of the Council is portrayed.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of CCTV monitoring platforms.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications, word, outlook, excel, and the ability to learn new software applications as required.
- Ability and willingness to work a rotational shift roster (includes weekends and public holidays)
How to Apply
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake a one-way video interview via SparkHire, and/or a face to face interview or virtual interview via Microsoft Teams. You will also be required to undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
- Essential: Do you have a minimum of 2 years' service in an Emergency Services background, either in: State/Federal Protective Services; Police; QFES; or Australian Defence Force? (Administration roles not deemed as suitable).
- Essential: If you have answered 'Yes' to the previous question, please provide details.
- Essential: Do you hold a current 'C' Class Drivers Licence?
- Essential: Do you have a current Statement of Attainment in First Aid?
- Essential: Do you have the ability and a willingness to work a rotational shift roster (includes weekends and public holidays)?
Contact person Glenn Parker
Contact number 0755816690
Closing date 31/12/2021