The Shire of Halls Creek, located in northern Western Australia, boasts a progressive Council that is proactively facing the challenges and opportunities that come with being an outback Council.
Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek is the gateway to a range of world-renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage-listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park and Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater (the second largest on earth with a diameter of 850 metres) and is an indigenous cultural epicentre with 6 great art centres within the district.
About the Opportunity
To maintain, service and repair Council’s plant and vehicle fleet in a competent manner, to ensure that the plant and vehicle maintenance programs are completed to the required standards.
- Undertake mechanical repairs, servicing, and maintenance of Council’s plant and vehicle fleet and associated activities as required.
- Design, implement and monitor plant maintenance program.
- Maintain and update records and operating manuals for all plant items.
- Ensure adequate spare parts and replacement items are in stock.
- Maintain a high standard of plant and machinery operation and maintenance and ensure that regular maintenance is carried out.
- Operate and maintain the Shire's mechanical workshop, tools, and associated maintenance equipment in a safe, reliable and useable condition.
- Ensure that all staff responsible for items of plant, vehicles and equipment are aware of the daily maintenance program to be carried out on that item.
- Provide knowledge, experience and know-how to the works leadership team during the assessment, determination and selection of suitable plant and equipment either as replacements or as new items into the fleet.
- Ensure that National Standards are met in determining suitable plant and equipment for the teams use and that all items are tested in terms of Occupational Health & Safety standards compliance.
- Minimum three (3) years post trade experience in vehicle and plant operation, repair and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy-duty diesel equipment including graders, loaders, backhoes, trucks, rollers etc.
- Developed knowledge of heavy-duty diesel engine operation and repair.
- Knowledge of plant operation and maintenance requirements.
- Understanding of maintenance, plant and stock reporting and records, the preparation of monthly reports, annual budgets, preventative maintenance programs for own use and others to utilise and incorporate into their work processes.
- Developing knowledge of the operation and practices of a Local Government Works Department including road construction and maintenance techniques.
About the Benefits
An attractive remuneration package (depending on experience and qualifications), plus excellent working conditions and the job satisfaction that comes from knowing you are truly making a difference in the local community.
The Shire of Halls Creek is also committed to career development and ongoing training and will provide ample opportunities to all employees in this regard.
The Shire of Halls Creek highly values their employees and is offering a range of fantastic benefits as part of their package including:
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Career development & ongoing training;
- Furnished House, with generously subsidised rent;
- Free internet connection at residence;
- Water and electricity allowance;
- Opportunity for salary sacrifice;
- Mobile phone;
The total remuneration package of up to $160,000 per annum, consisting of a cash salary of up to $120,000 (depending on experience).
To apply for the position:
- Complete the job application form which is available online at www.hallscreek.wa.gov.au
- Submit it along with your Resume and a covering Letter addressing the Selection Criteria found in the Position Description available on our website.
- Applications must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Halls Creek, PO Box 21, Halls Creek WA 6770 or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 17 September 2021, close of business. The Shire of Halls Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information on this position, please contact Jackie Parker, Director Assets and Infrastructure (08) 9168 6007 or email: email@example.com