Support the efficient and effective operation of the Department by performing administrative functions and activities.
The key responsibilities may be modified from time to time to ensure the expected outcomes support the Council’s operational and corporate plans.
All duties are to be conducted in an efficient, timely, professional and safe manner. The key responsibilities
- Provide professional administration support and assistance within the Department.
- Provide a high quality customer service to both internal and external clients in person and on the telephone.
- Take operational responsibility for specific administration tasks within the nominated area.
- Assist with general enquiries within specific engineering functions.
- Assist in the development and ongoing improvements to administrative procedures and the interpretation of administrative and procedural matters for which there are no clearly established practices and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procurement policy and procedures within the department, to ensure departmental compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Schedule team meetings and prepare documentation including accurate minutes and agendas.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- On the job training will be provided to ensure that the position holder maintains a satisfactory knowledge and skill base.
- The position holder will be encouraged to attend workshops and seminars relevant to the position so as to ensure ongoing professional development.
Work Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Comply with the Work Health and Safety Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Council’s Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with instructions given by the relevant manager and/or supervisor in respect of the health and safety of themselves and the health and safety of other persons.
- Comply with the requirements of Council policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Ensure complete and accurate records are captured, created and maintained.
- Deliver high quality customer service within the organisation and to the public.
- Ensure the security and appropriate intended use of Council information at all times.
Extent of Authority
- The supervisor monitors agreed work outcomes.
- This role has the authority to act in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Guidance is readily available from the supervisor.
Qualifications/ Licences – Mandatory
- Possession of a current open “C” class licence (Car).
Qualifications/ Licences – Desirable
- Relevant qualifications of at least certificate level.
Key Selection Criteria - Essential
- Extensive office administration experience including strong written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of staff from across the organisation.
- The ability to develop a working knowledge of a diverse range of functions and tasks.
- High level keyboard skills and experience in current office computer programs.
- Knowledge of and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively to achieve outcomes within required timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively within a team environment.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and maintain confidentiality
Key Selection Criteria – Desirable
- A sound understanding and general interest in Local Government operations.