The Shire of Menzies is seeking a new Community Engagement Officer to assist with our Community Development team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and delivering a range of community development initiatives, including key events and Youth activities. The role will also involve assistance and support across Shire’s functions, such as the operation of the Post Office, Community Resource Centre, Library and Caravan Park.
We are looking for candidates who have a can-do attitude and demonstrated experience in:
- Facilitate the delivery of community development programs, in particular Youth activities
- Organise and support the running of key events such as Australia Day and ANZAC Day
- Highly developed customer service skills and experience
- Working both individually and as part of a team
- Working with diverse range of people
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as required
Applicants will need to submit:
- A resume outlining your employment history or work experience
- A covering letter (no more than 3 pages) stating why you are suitable for this position and addressing the below key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience working both individually and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Good time management, organisational and administrative skills. (Note: give an example of a time where you have been involved in organising/supporting an (any) event; Or, an example of how you organise and run community activities)
- Good customer service skills and experience.
- Submit your application by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 17 September 2021 at 5pm.
Applicants will need to attend an interview (in-person/via zoom), and if short-listed undergo a drug and alcohol test.
Enquiries: Almetra Bethlehem, Community Development Specialist on (08) 9024 2041 or email: