Job type: Casual
Job status: Full-time
Career level: Not Applicable
Application close date: 11 Mar 2021 10-00 am
VIC Officer - Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for motivated, knowledgeable and energetic people to join the District Council of Coober Pedy’s Visitor Information Centre.
- Located at the Coober Pedy Visitor Information Centre
- Casual Staff – 8-month tenure (March – October 2020)
- Hourly rate of $29.6454 plus superannuation which includes a casual loading of 25%. Penalty rates (but not the casual loading) apply on weekends. Minimum 3 hour shift.
These positions will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality visitor information on Coober Pedy and the outback
- Booking tours and accommodation
- Maintaining publications and souvenir stock control
- Sale of souvenirs
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries
- Contributing to social media accounts
- Providing support to tourism projects
- Maintain accurate visitation figures for the Visitor Information Centre
- Desirable – Certificate III in Tourism (or relevant field) or on the job training / experience in a similar position.
- Detailed knowledge of Coober Pedy and of the broader Flinders Ranges and Outback South Australia (FROSAT) and Tourism Central Australia (TCA) regions.
- Knowledge of the key tourism organisations in Australia and South Australia and an understanding of their functions.
- Knowledge of visitor information distribution systems (both traditional and digital mediums).
- Experience working in the retail sector in positions such as customer service.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
For more information
A position description containing the key selection criteria can be found here.
Please contact Salomé Lorente on 0490 340 583 or via email on email@example.com if you require any further information.
Applications close 10 am on Thursday 11 March 2021 and should include a covering letter, CV and a brief response to the key selection criteria. Addressed to Dean Miller the Chief Executive Officer and emailed to Salomé Lorente firstname.lastname@example.org.