Job No: ISC29
Applications are invited for the position of Asset Management Coordinator, based at Council's Administrative Centre. The successful applicant shall be responsible for the management of Council’s asset management systems, development and oversight of its asset management strategy and provision of asset management services to the Civil and Environmental Services Division.
For more information about Inverell Shire Council and the Asset Management Coordinator position please click here to access the Position Profile.
Applicants should address the following Selection Criteria:
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- WorkCover General Induction and Work Activity WHS Induction Ticket (‘White Card’).
Skills and Experience
- High level demonstrated knowledge and understanding of asset management planning and development of policy, strategy, processes and procedures
- Extensive and relevant practical experience with computer systems such as record management, financial, asset, GIS and work management systems, as well as the Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated knowledge of engineering software applications and enterprise asset management systems such as Technology One Enterprise Suite or similar.
- Extensive experience in providing sophisticated strategic advice to all asset management related queries.
- Demonstrated experience in managing/ overseeing minor operational and capital works projects.
- Strong customer service skills and a demonstrated customer-centric approach to service provision.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness to work as part of a team, with the ability to develop and maintain key relationships and collaboration across multiple stakeholders in the delivery of a whole-of-Council program.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills and high quality interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and present information to all levels within an organisation.
- Suitable experience coordinating and monitoring work activities of a small team, including the ability to provide technical training and mentoring to members of the team.
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to asset management, engineering or other related discipline.
- Successful completion of an approved course for supervisors.
Skills and Experience
- Professional engineering asset management experience in a maintenance and capital intensive industry.
- Significant working knowledge of relevant local government operations and demonstrated ability to interpret legislative requirements and understand the implications of this legislation.
- Working knowledge of the application of the Australian Accounting Standards to the management of infrastructure assets.
Employment will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Local Government (State) Award 2020. The classification for the position will be up to Professional/ Specialist Band 3, Level 3, Grade 16 to Grade 18. Salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience, and will be in a range from $1,622.70 to $1,862.96 gross per week. An enhanced salary package may be negotiated with an exceptional candidate.
Enquiries in relation to the nature of the position may be made by speaking directly with Council’s Director Civil & Environmental Services, Brett McInnes on (02) 67288 200.
Applicants must address the selection criteria as listed below. Letters of application submitted online are to be addressed to the General Manager, and will close on Friday, 05 February 2021 at 4:30pm. Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment.
P J Henry
Inverell Shire Council