The Mackay Geographic Area (Sarina, Mackay and Mirani) is seeking applications from current and graduating teachers for multiple HPE positions across year levels 7 to 12 to commence 20/01/2022. Our schools desire a second teaching area however this is not essential. If you are innovative and passionate and would like to join a dedicated teaching team in our region you are encouraged to apply! Permanent and temporary positions available.
Education & Training
Job ad reference
$64934 - $97741
Commences Term 1 2022
07 484 28336 email@example.com
Second teaching areas desired include:
- Sport and Recreation
For further information about the schools in the Mackay Geographic Area please visit the school's websites below:
- Sarina State High School
- Mackay State High School
- Mackay North State High School
- Pioneer State High School
- Mackay Northern Beaches State High School
- Mirani State High School
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
- assistance with relocating
- attractive salary and benefits
- locality allowance in specified locations
- subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here
Applicants for this position must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland.
- Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please click here.
- In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please click here.
- Working rights in Australia, which means you have, or you are eligible to obtain a valid Australian Visa with work rights (if you're not already an Australian Citizen or resident).
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Graduates and pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, the unofficial academic transcripts for the current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. **