Alice Springs, Australia
- Permanent contract
- Base Salary Package starting at $78,958 per annum
- Total Effective Package: $88,204 per annum (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Community-based position
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
Coordinate the MacDonnell Regional Council's municipal and commercial operations, including the management of key personnel working in a remote Service Centre.
- Coordinate operational service delivery and administrative requirements related to municipal and commercial operations
- Supervise and monitor Service Centre Delivery staff in performance of duties
- Ensure services are delivered efficiently and remain within budget
- Plan municipal work activities in accordance with management guidelines
- Maintain Council assets used to deliver services
- Mentor, train and develop staff
- Provide accurate and timely service delivery reports to Manager
- Service Centre Delivery
- Undertake performance management and coaching/mentoring
- Maintain accurate department, human resource and customer service records
- Develop a positive working relationship, including facilitating cooperation, with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a safe working environment
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor team members to foster independence and increase local ownership of the service
- Analytical decision-making skills with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- High level of communication skills to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including participating in mediation, negotiations and conflict resolution
- Strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills to create detailed non-standard reports and correspondence
- Strong planning and organisation skills including the ability to schedule tasks and coordinate delivery
- Current NT Drivers Licence
- Current White Card
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role including supervising, mentoring and training staff
- Proven ability to implement operational plans and achieve set objectives within a given timeframe and budget
- Understanding of the role and services provided by local government including knowledge of relevant legislation and policy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- 4WD Certificate
- Certificate 4 in Leadership and Management
- Previous experience living and working in a remote location
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
Under MacDonnell Regional Council's Special Measures Scheme, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and will be preferenced in the selection process if they meet all the essential selection criteria and are suitable at the position level.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact
Ken Newman, Director Service Delivery, by phoning (08) 8958 9618.
Applications close 1 January 2021