Organisation / Entity:
Education And/Or Training | Vocational Education and Training/TAFE
Job reference number:
- Sydney Region / Sydney - West
- Sydney Region / Sydney - Greater West
Total remuneration package:
$84.69 per hour, Teaching Duties
firstname.lastname@example.org - Rana Kalil
06/12/2021 - 11:59 PM
- Become a Part Time Casual Teacher at a world class education provider
- Opportunities across Western Sydney including Campbelltown, Nirimba, Wentworth Falls and Nepean
- $84.69 per hour
Share your passion for your industry and build the skills, qualifications, and employability of people in NSW
With TAFE NSW, you will have the opportunity to grow your professional career in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where you can innovate, create value and proudly play a meaningful role in the once-in-a-generation transformation of Australia’s largest skills and training provider.
TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with current industry experience and knowledge in Screen and Media specialising in Audio and Sound, to join our team of teachers on a casual basis based in Western Sydney.
The role of the TAFE Teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
You will love this position if you’re passionate about Audio and Sound and you enjoy a hands-on teaching role that is flexible, and outcome focussed. In your day to day, you will:
- provide appropriate variety and flexibility in educational practice;
- undertake assessment and evaluation of learning outcomes;
- maintain and develop professional relevance and expertise in educational and technical disciplines;
- contribute to decision-making that affects the learning environment;
- liaise with local industry, other educational providers and the community to ensure that education and training are relevant and responsive to needs;
- participate cooperatively in the development and implementation of agreed quality improvement processes by reflecting on experience, their own performance and an evaluation of processes and program outcomes.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A Degree, Advanced Diploma, Diploma in Screen & Media or equivalent in a related field
- Three (3) years post degree or equivalent, relevant and current experience in one or more of the following discipline areas: Screen Audio Production, Video Production and Editing; Camera Operations; 2D and/or 3D Animation; Interactivity and Interface Design; AR/VR production; Social Media
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound and audio programs for sound and video production with proficiencies in Adobe Audition and Avid ProTools and integrating with video production software including but not limited to Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Avid Composer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ADR, Foley and soundtrack production for compiling audio material for broadcast
- Evidence demonstrating current and relevant professional and practical industry experience with link to current showreel and/ or portfolio of work
- High level written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional currency.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team environment.
For more information review the Position Description and Information Package or contact:
Lydia Kullik – Head Teacher Design -Screen and Media, Photography, Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Cultural Arts, on 0411 283 667 or;
Craig Daalmeijer-Power - Head of Photography, Screen & Media, Games & Digital Media, on 02 9208 9513.
Want to join us? Here’s how to apply:
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume including certified copies of qualifications
- Attach a cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role with a link to current showreel and/ or portfolio of work
- Click ‘Apply now’ where you are required to answer two targeted questions (max 300 words per response)
Applications close Monday 6 December 2021 at 11.59pm
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please contact Rana Kalil – email@example.com
Key Application Responses
- Please provide an overview of your industry expertise. Include a description and/or links of what you are currently doing that keeps you up to date in your area of the industry and how you would leverage this experience to enhance the learning experience of our students?
- Please tell us about any teaching experience you’ve had, whether it be officially in the role of a trainer, or unofficially helping others get upskilled via coaching and mentoring.