Burnside State School is looking for an educational leader with initiative and drive to help shape the future direction of our school. As the Principal, you will deliver the vision of the department, improve the educational outcomes of students in their schools, develop the quality of teaching and learning and nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
Education & Training
Job ad reference
$146241 - $153525
$5605.40 - $5884.60
(07) 5352 9230
About Burnside State School
Burnside State School is located on the Sunshine Coast. The School has been opened since 1978 and throughout this time we have created a successful and supportive school environment. Since 2008 our enrolments have grown steadily and we currently have 580 students enrolled at our school. The three principles of safety, learning and resect are reflected in the way all members of the Burnside Community support each other. Our school is designed to ensure that each learner is provided with a range of experiences that support their ongoing development.
As the Principal, you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on
- providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 3 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.