Morayfield State High School are now accepting applications for a highly motivated and innovative Head of Department - Science to join the team on a permanent, full-time basis commencing 20 January 2022.
Education & Training
Stream 2 /HO1
Moreton Bay - North
Job ad reference
$118045 - $124001
$4524.70 - $4752.90
(07) 5428 5555
About the school
Morayfield State High School is a dynamic, growing and complex secondary school with an enrolment of over 1600 students and an ICSEA of 948. At Morayfield State High School, we seek to gain the best outcome for each and every student and we are focused on maximising student achievement and wellbeing. Through the 2021 NCCD, greater than 20% of students were identified as requiring adjustments to learning. Our explicit improvement agenda is that all students will achieve to a high standard given the right time and support and that all teachers will teach to a high standard given the right time and support.
As the Head of Department - Science you will have responsibility for the following:
- Implementing high expectations for student engagement in learning and progression in achievement in Science.
- Quality assuring an aligned and sequenced Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Plan Year 7-12 that is delivered through a shared, evidence-based pedagogical framework.
- Building a culture of ongoing improvement and a shared accountability and responsibility for the learning and improvement of every student.
- Managing the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the Arts department to facilitate equity of access to curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Actively participating in lifelong learning and leading ongoing professional development with faculty staff.
- Forming partnerships with students, parents, other schools, other government agencies, and community groups to enrich learning experiences and opportunities for students.
- Understanding the legislation and policies that affect schooling especially in relation to students and staff including wellbeing and inclusive education.
- Working as part of the senior leadership team to support whole school agendas and priorities.
- Working with faculty staff to align practice and school improvement agendas and direction.
- Building a positive staff and team culture committed to the school's vision and values.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.