Nominated Supervisor (NECC)
The Napranum Aboriginal Shire Council (NASC) is looking for reliable and enthusiastic people to join our team in Napranum as a Children Services Group Leader. In this role, you will lead a team in planning, organising and providing a caring, developmentally appropriate, healthy, safe and positive environment in a manner consistent with the vision and mission of the Napranum Early Childhood Centre.
- To maintain confidentiality in matters relating to children, parents and staff.
- To maintain observations and records of individual children’s progress, particularly those identified through staff observation.
- To take primary responsibility for program planning and implementation and for supervising the Children Services group at the NECC.
- To provide professional support, and cooperate with the Nominated Supervisor and the Educational Leader in maintaining high standards in administrative and educational programs.
- Supervise the children in your care and provide a safe environment for the children.
- Completed Diploma of Early Childhood Education or more than 2 years completed.
- Broad experience in childcare centres as a Group Leader and or Certified Supervisor.
- Have a sound understanding of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework and their implementations
- Must have experience working with children aged (6) months to (3) years.
- Ability to develop the Children’s Program(reflecting Early Years Learning Framework guidelines). Write up the program, co-operating with staff and Children’s needs.
- Hold a current HLTAID004 (Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting) Certificate or be willing to obtain one within (3) months of employment.
- Broad knowledge of employer and employee responsibilities under the Work Health Safety Act 2011.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Working with Children Blue Card.
Applications close 4pm 5th January 2021
Applicants must prepare a cover letter that responds to the Selection Criteria found in the Application Pack.
Applications that do not include a cover letter and address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applicants are to submit their resume and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria to
For more information, contact the HR team on 07 4090 5600