NBRC is looking to backfill the newly vacant position of Executive Assistant to the Mayor and CEO. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is able to start mid-January. An attractive salary is on offer for this key position along with flexible work arrangements. Engagement will be on a casual rate with a view to looking at possible permanent appointment.
Providing high level administration and coordination support to the Mayor and CEO. This role will support the efficiency and effectiveness of the Office of the CEO by using initiative and resourcefulness to undertake a wide variety of high-level functions and tasks associated with strategic leadership of the Council.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage general enquiries to the Mayor and CEO’s office, both internally and externally, ensuring a high level of confidentiality and customer service is provided to both internal and external parties
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with other organisations, customers, external stakeholders and the wider community in consultation with and under the direction of the CEO
- Develop and maintain a range of administration and records management systems, including CEO information management, due diligence processing and maintenance of required registers in line with governance standards
- Proactively assist in the preparation of presentations, proposals, reports and agenda’s
- Coordinate events and meetings
- Attend Council and executive/ team meetings, take minutes and send out follow up actions
- Organise travel and accommodation to ensure a seamless journey and meeting/ conference attendance
- Liaise with, support and provide leadership to other Executive Assistants and administrative roles to develop their expertise and maximise their effectiveness
As an experienced Executive Assistant you will possess exceptional administrative skills and will be able to demonstrate:
- Superior organisational and time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate on behalf of an executive leader
- Ability to work in a self-managed and independent manner, as well as take direction to align with a leader’s preferred style
- High level of computer literacy to assist with efficient production of materials, and adaptability with use of business related systems specific to the organisation
Position closes: 5pm, Thursday 7 January 2021
For further information, please contact Kathleen Huth on 1300 696 272.
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook page and the Central and North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.