Company: Northern Beaches Council
Division: Planning & Place
Business Unit: Development Assessment
Title: Principal Planner, Permanent - Full-time Role, 70 hours per fortnight
Salary Range: $104,558.73 to $121,514.76 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to Manager, Development Assessment, the position of Principal Planner is responsible for working within a team environment, contributing to integrated development assessment, which reflects the intent and direction of the relevant legislation by project management of more complex applications and associated issues.
- The assessment, preparation of assessment reports and issuing of relevant determinations and certificates, including notices of determinations which include conditions of approval or reasons for refusal, ensuring compliance with relevant planning legislation, Council’s Planning Controls, Australian Standards and Council policies.
- Provides efficient and effective review of new Development Applications and other related applications which takes account relevant legislation, referral requirements and notification requirements.
- Provides a specialist service in the management and coordination of Pre-lodgement Meetings (PLM’s) through working closely with the Managers, Principal Planners/Planners and Administration Staff.
- Representation of Council in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
- Provides assistance with the delivery of planning advice to internal and external customers through the Duty Planning service as required.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Matthew Edmonds on 8495 6493 during business hours.
- Applications close on 29/01/2021