- Salary: $65,832 - $73,997 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent, Full Time
- Variable Working Hours
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
This position is a full time, permanent role based at the Nowra Aquatic Centre on Scenic Drive, Nowra. The hours are 38 hours per week over Monday to Sunday as per the roster.
Reporting directly to the Northern Leisure Manager – Shoalhaven Swim Sport Fitness, the focus of this position is to:
- To oversee the delivery of dynamic and commercially orientated programs and activities at Nowra Aquatic Park
- To foster a safe, efficient, cost effective and customer focused culture at Nowra Aquatic Park within available resources
- Support and manage day to day operations of the Nowra Aquatic Team staff, finances and assets
- Ensure processes and protocols are in place for Nowra Aquatic Team’s compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Certificate IV Community Recreation (or equivalent)
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
- Proof of Australian residency or citizenship
- Previous management experience in the Aquatic or Leisure Industry
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- What does customer service mean to you?
- This position requires an NSW Working With Children Check, please provide your Working With Children Check number.
Contact: Jaimie Mclean – (02) 4429 5642
Applications Close: Friday, 8 January 2021 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email