- Salary: $71,205 - $82,891 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent, Full Time
- Variable Working Hours
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
Provide support to the District Engineers in the delivery of a wide range of infrastructure construction projects and maintenance activities.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager – District Engineer, the focus of this position is to:
- Provide site surveillance of works to monitor technical, quality, environment and work health and safety compliance for both internal and external contractors and crews
- Ensure the work areas’ compliance with relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed
- Assist with the collation of as-constructed documentation and financials in order to be handed over for entry into Assets databases
- Undertake inspections and audits of Councils’ assets using electronic mobile and hand-held devices (tablet, GPS, etc), including but not limited to, for risk management, condition and defects for compliance with Australian Standards, WHS and other associated operational and legislative requirements
- Provide input on recommendations regarding remedial works relating to Council assets
- Projects and Asset types may include, but is not limited to, roads and road related infrastructure, drainage, kerb & gutter, bus shelters, footpaths / cycleways / walking tracks, parking areas, traffic facilities, bridges, boat ramps, fences, recreational facilities, seawalls, viewing platforms, parks & reserves and flood mitigation assets, etc.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/possess:
- Certificate IV in Construction, Project Management, Engineering or related field and/or equivalent experience in the construction industry
- Demonstrated experience in a range of construction and/or maintenance delivery functions including contract surveillance
- Current NSW General Construction Induction card (white card) or acceptable interstate alternative
- Minimum NSW Class C driver’s licence or equivalent licence valid in NSW
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please provide details of your experience in surveillance?
- Briefly describe your experience in the Civil Engineering Construction and/or Maintenance industry. Include number of years, types of jobs, your role?
Contact: Trevor Dando – (02) 4429 3302
Applications Close: Friday, 22 January 2021 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email