- Salary: $65,832 - $73,997 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent, Full Time
- Variable Working Hours
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
This permanent, Full time position works 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:00pm) at the Nowra Administration Building. .
Reporting directly to the Team Supervisor - Graphics, the focus of this position is to:
- Develop and graphically present planning concepts and designs, presentation/display material using CAD/ESRI software for Planning exhibitions and other uses in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop specialised mapping, analyse data and help produce reports as required for Strategic Planning projects.
- Produce legal mapping and documentation as required for planning legislative requirements.
- Assist the Strategic Planners with projects as required.
- Produce and maintain data and spatial layers for Council’s GIS
- Maintainer of the zones and controls database and spatial layer
- Assist in processing the s10.7 planning certificates, including checking and signing
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Diploma/Degree in a field covering Geographic Information System (GIS), Survey Drafting (CAD), or equivalent experience in a field to enable the job holder to perform/train in the duties and functions of the position.
- Experience undertaking work in a CAD/GIS environment with a high level of competency
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You are not required to address all selection criteria outlined in the Job Description. You will be required to upload a brief cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and a resume.
You will also be required to respond to position related questions and questions regarding general information about you.
- Please list the qualifications/experience you have relevant to the position.
- Briefly describe your experience in GIS/CAD mapping.
- Briefly describe your experience working within a team environment.
Contact: Kaye Bone – (02) 4429 3490
Applications Close: Friday, 29 January 2021 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email