Contract (Short Term)
- Temporary Full Time (Concluding June 2021)
- $87,950 - $94,692 (plus 9.5% Super)
- Flexible working arrangements / Working from home
Council’s Environment and Community Safety team is seeking an experienced individual to undertake the following tasks:
- Advise business units on legislative changes in relation to the Environment Protection Act 2017 and its relevant Regulations, due to come into effect on 1 July, 2021.
- Work with business units and contractors to identify hazards and recommend controls, where they may give rise to risks of harm to people or the environment under the General Environmental Duty of the Environment Protection Act 2017 and its relevant Regulations.
- Review, update or develop procedures to provide documented evidence of proactive controls in place to manage risk of harm from pollution and waste that may arise from Councils services and activities.
- Develop a program to assist with Councils ongoing compliance with the Environment Protection Act 2017.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Two or more years’ experience in an environmental management, occupational hygiene and/or workplace health and safety environment, preferably in an industrial environment.
- An understanding of the new Environment Protection Act 2017 and the ‘General Environmental Duty’ concept.
- Degree or Diploma level qualifications in environmental management, occupational hygiene and/or workplace health and safety.
- Exposure to working on commercial & civil projects including understanding of construction processes and methods.
- An understanding of waste management and the associated environmental risks.
- Field auditing experience, preferably in environmental management.
- Construction Industry Induction Card.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and coaching business leaders in improving performance.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and autonomously to support cross functional departments.
- Strong customer service focus experience.
- Experience demonstrating a strong interest in the protection of our environment
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- A current Working with Children Check.
Applications addressing the selection criteria are to be sent online or by post to:
Adam Devereux, Human Resources
Surf Coast Shire Council
PO Box 350, Torquay Vic 3228
- by 5pm on 31 January 2021.
Surf Coast Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and completes police checks for all employees.
To be considered for this position a statement addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the position description must be provided.