Business Services - People and Culture | Occupational Health and Safety
Closing date: 20/01/2021
- Fixed-term opportunity available
- University qualifications in Work Health and Safety, Risk, Compliance, Law or a related discipline (or ability to obtain) are required, combined with extensive experience working in a similar role in a large and diverse organisation.
- Experience in Civil Construction highly desirable
- LGO 5A - LGO 8C ($80,432 - $112,061 per annum + superannuation) based on skills, qualifications and experience.
Why Choose Us
Townsville City Council is the largest local government authority in Northern Australia.
We are committed to delivering quality services to facilitate sustainable growth, enhancing the enjoyment of our residents and unlocking the potential of our city through inspired leadership, community engagement and sound financial management.
Our organisation provides and maintains over $5.4b worth of community infrastructure including bridges, drainage, roads, community facilities, sporting venues and more. We look after the health and wellbeing of the community through public health initiatives and provide recreational facilities, events and a wide range of Smart City and environmentally sustainable activities. We also work to build, develop and enhance resilience in our community, working to create a mentally and physically robust city.
We have reached many significant milestones as we continue on our journey towards building a clean and green city for our current and future community members.
We know that it takes more than construction to build our city; it takes people.
Townsville City Council is building for our future.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is currently available within the Health, Safety and Training team. This position will provide expert health and safety advice, guidance and leadership and will share responsibility for the development of appropriate systems, tools, resources and training to ensure all organisational and legislative health and safety indicators are achieved. This position will also build a participative relationship model, where education, guidance and expertise address operational issues and build capability within operational areas, contributing to the achievement of service deliverables through a focus on continuous improvement. You will create collaborative, consultative relationships which will be essential to the success of embedding safety leadership within council, consistently across all operational areas.
- University qualifications in Work Health and Safety, Risk, Compliance, Law or a related discipline (or ability to obtain), combined with experience working in a similar role in a large and diverse organisation
- Demonstrated highly developed leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with experience leading a team of professionals within a supportive and collaborative work culture.
- Civil Construction experience highly desirable
- Construction Industry OHS White Card essential
- Traffic Management Implementation (TMI) qualification
- ICAM Lead Training – Incident Investigation – or capacity to obtain
- Internal Auditor qualification – or capacity to obtain
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong coaching and facilitation skills, with an emphasis on educating leaders, teams and employees to develop a safe, healthy and productive working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to respond to changing demands and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- High level of experience in the interpretation and application of work health and safety and related legislation, regulations, codes and or other instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and influence positive outcomes with customers.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively consult, facilitate and negotiate with customers.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th January 2021
What We Offer
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks Personal/Carers Leave
- 14 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Domestic and Family Violence Leave
- Natural Disaster Leave
- Long Service Leave available pro rata after seven years
- Up to *13.5% Superannuation employer contribution for contributing members
- Salary Sacrifice opportunities
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership to selected gym, pool, and yoga facilities
- Employee Loyalty Program offering discounts at selected local businesses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active Family Social Club
- Flexible working arrangements
For further information review the Position Description and/or click Apply.
- Health Safety and Training Business Partner_PD.pdf
- Senior Health Safety and Training Business Partner_PD.pdf