Reference Number: S100-20-693
Closing Date: 24-01-2021
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Salary package of up to $200,000 p.a.
- Fully maintained private use motor vehicle
- Challenging and rewarding career opportunity
About the role
Woollahra Council has an exciting opportunity available for a highly experienced and enthusiastic leader to join us as Manager Placemaking.
As Manager Placemaking, you will demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively build successful partnerships with businesses and residents across the community.
You will provide agile and innovative leadership to Placemaking across the organisation, with the key focus being to develop Placemaking at Woollahra Council as a people-centred approach to the process of creating quality places where people want to live, learn, work, play and invest.
We are looking to engage a professional who has all the skills and attributes necessary to deliver for our community. Your knowledge of local government, including the political environment in which it operates, project management experience, negotiation and change management skills will be highly valued.
You will be a high achiever with:
- Tertiary qualifications including one or more of the following fields of expertise:
- Urban Planning and / or Urban Design
- Cultural Planning
- Community Engagement
- Economic Development
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Placemaking.
- Strong people leadership skills and an active interest in the development of your people.
- Results driven leader who can engage in strategic innovative thinking and is able to identify, develop and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage people.
- Professional skills supported by the political awareness necessary to build upon the confidence of Council, our staff and our community.
- Creative ideas and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, policy development and implementation.
How to apply
- Please click here to view the Information Pack which includes further detailed information about this position.
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria. Please click here to view the position requirements.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Craig Swift-McNair, General Manager on 02 9391 7013 or Anne White, Acting Manager Placemaking on 02 9391 7086, during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 24 January 2021
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
[ View The Job Description (Position Description - Manager Placemaking.pdf) ]
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]
[ Information Pack ]
Note: Candidates using mobile devices are strongly advised to use a desktop computer to complete the application forms as they require extensive amounts of typing.