In this role, you will lead curriculum focus in line with school and departmental initiatives, participate in delivering the vision of State Schools Division and develop the quality of teaching and learning. You will achieve this by nurturing positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
||Fixed Term Temporary
||Education & Training
||Stream 2 /HO1
||Moreton Bay - South
|Job ad reference
||$126644 - $128884
||$4854.30 - $4940.10
||Until 09 December 2022 unless otherwise determined
||(07) 3491 5444
About the School:
Dakabin State High School is a large secondary school situated in Dakabin, Queensland, Australia. We are a co-educational school of approximately 1000 students. The school was established in 1978 and is located on the northern side of Brisbane approximately 30 kilometres from the CBD.
About the Role:
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.