As the Principal, you will deliver the vision of the department, improve the educational outcomes of students in their schools, develop the quality of teaching and learning and nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
||Fixed Term Temporary
||Education & Training
||Far North Qld
|Job ad reference
||$176368 - $179487
||$6760.20 - $6879.70
||Until 02 December 2022 unless otherwise determined
||0427 677 648
About the School:
Northern Peninsula Area College is a remote Indigenous community college catering to the education needs of approximately 790 students from the five communities of Bamaga, Injinoo, Umagico, New Mapoon and Seisia, as well as the neighbouring islands in the Torres Strait including Saibai and Badu.
As the Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume (3 pages maximum) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.