Monto State High School is seeking applications from Drama, General Secondary Teachers for this permanent position commencing immediately. APPLY NOW and join our dedicated team where you can make a genuine difference to the lives of students.
||Education & Training
|Job ad reference
||$66556 - $100186
||07 4166 9555
Monto State High School is a small stand-alone high school with students travelling from five primary schools in the area including a non-state school.
The school is situated in the second largest area of school grounds in Queensland. It has an extensive farm for the agricultural section, growing crops and raising cattle. There is a full size oval, indoor sports hall with basketball, netball and volleyball courts, access to tennis courts and other sports facilities. Other facilities include a resource centre, computer labs and computers with internet access in every general classroom.
The school has an extensive range of curriculum offerings, with growing flexibility for students in the senior phase of learning.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
- assistance with relocating
- attractive salary and benefits
- incentives for teaching in remote areas
- locality allowance in specified locations
- subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please Click Here.
- In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please Click Here.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
- Working rights in Australia, which means you have, or you are eligible to obtain a valid Australian Visa with work rights (if you're not already an Australian Citizen or resident).
- Workers in education settings, including schools, early childhood and care services (such as kindergartens and childcare centres) or Outside School Hours Care, are required to have received the prescribed number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by 23 January 2022.
- To ensure the Department of Education is complying with this requirement successful applicants will be required to supply supporting evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination for employment to any roles in the designated categories. Please visit the Department of Education COVID-19 website for further information. Department of Health information page for further information about obtaining your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers and graduates are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.