This Head of Special Education Services position is responsible for providing services to Beaconsfield State School which is the base school, along with Glenden and Glenella State School. Travel will be a requirement of this position.
||Education & Training
||Stream 2 /HO1
|Job ad reference
||$126644 - $128884
||$4854.30 - $4940.10
||(07) 4969 2222
About the School:
Our school community is passionate about ensuring every child experiences success with their learning every day. We are committed to providing high quality services in all that we do.
To achieve this, committed staff display enthusiasm, dedication and high level teaching skills to deliver personalised programs that are responsive to student need and interest.
About the Role:
As the Head of Special Education Services you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school special education unit or special education developmental unit teachers, students and stakeholders to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Are active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Are futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students with disability.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the unit to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.