An exciting opportunity exists at Worongary State School for a Head of Special Education Services
||Fixed Term Temporary
||Education & Training
||Stream 2 /HO1
|Job ad reference
||$126644 - $128884
||$4854.30 - $4940.10
||Until 9 December 2022 unless otherwise determined
||(07) 5502 4444
About the School
Worongary State School has a very strong focus in the 3 critical areas of academic performance, sporting development and cultural experience. We believe experience and success in each of these areas ensures that students leave Worongary with the necessary skills to become life - long learners and active citizens in our modern society.
At Worongary we pride ourselves on upholding our school's statement of purpose: ensuring that we provide positive educational outcomes for every learner in an equitable, challenging and supportive environment. We encourage all learners in our school to achieve their best in all endeavours.
About the Role
As the Head of Special Education Services, you will:
- focus on educational leadership, participating in delivering the vision of State Schools Division
- develop the quality of teaching and learning
- nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
The Head of Special Education Services is accountable to and under the direction of the Principal or delegate.
As the Head of Special Education Services you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school special education unit or special education developmental unit teachers, students and stakeholders to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Are active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Are futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students with disability.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the unit to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume (no more than 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.