Keebra Park State High School is seeking a dedicated and passionate Student Support Officer, to join our Engagement team. The successful applicant will provide support to our students and families and liaise with the wider community.
||Fixed Term Temporary
||Education & Training
|Job ad reference
||$78393 - $85959
||$3004.80 - $3294.80
||Until 08 December 2022 unless otherwise determined
||(07) 5509 2555
About the School:
Keebra Park is a thriving learning community where our vision is that all our students will thrive and succeed. Our smaller school community offers a personalised academic environment, where we invest in all of our students. Keebra Park is a vibrant and diverse community that has won state, national and regional awards in education, sporting and cultural pursuits.
About the Role:
As the Student Support Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Innovate data capture management systems and develop subsequent intervention strategies.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with students, parents, community and elders, and provide input into local decision making to ensure optimum outcomes.
- Liaise with families and conduct home visits to encourage school attendance and to motivate students.
- Liaise with students and families to recognise any educational, social, emotional or behavioural issues.
- Work within a team based management approach as a contact for students, families or community members regarding any concerns.
- Monitor the behaviour and wellbeing of students to identify issues and organise intervention.
- Lead and implement initiatives to encourage a positive, caring and supportive environment at the school for students, families and community members.
- Act as an independent mediator between the school, students, families and community members to enhance open communication.
- Develop innovative and effective strategies for building relationships among students, families, community members and stakeholder groups to promote communication and resolve issues of concern.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.