An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and dedicated educator to join the leadership team at Eight Mile Plains State School as Deputy Principal.
||Education & Training
||Stream 3 /Deputy Principal
||Brisbane - South
|Job ad reference
||$140958 - $143451
||$5402.90 - $5498.50
||(07) 3340 6333 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the National Relay Service
About the School
Eight Mile Plains State School has been delivering education for over 150 years. Our mission is ‘to empower students with knowledge and skills for the future'. We are focused on building strong foundations for students, and preparing them with future skills, to manage themselves as learners and producers in an ever-changing world.
About the Role
As Deputy Principal at Eight Mile Plains State School you will specifically lead curriculum design across Prep to Year 6 and will have a strong focus on social and emotional learning and wellbeing for all learners.
As the Deputy Principal you will:
- improve the educational outcomes of students in their schools
- develop the quality of teaching and learning
- nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
The Deputy Principal reports to the school Principal.
As the Deputy Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
- Assist the Principal to lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Deputise for the Principal when required.
- Uphold the deputy principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Interested? To apply:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
- Please note: Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.