Parke State School is seeking a Small Schools Business Manager to join the team. The role provides you with the opportunity to work closely with other staff, students and their families to achieve the educational outcomes of the school.
|Job ad reference
||$37376 - $41474
||$1432.64 - $1589.72
||(07) 4122 0803
About the School:
Since its opening in 1914 after the donation of the 5-acre block by Mr John Parke, a local cane farmer, Parke State School has continued to embody the spirit of community and connectedness to its people. The rich heritage, coupled with a caring, dedicated and experienced staff and an active and close-knit parent body, ensures that Parke State School truly is the little gem south of Maryborough.
About the Role:
As the Small Schools Business Manager you will have responsibility for the following:
- Operate autonomously to undertake day to day office procedures within well-defined policies (e.g. reception, arranging appointments, correspondence, maintaining school records and general administration), and utilise information and management systems to support effective and efficient reporting and administration.
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations), identifying workforce capability requirements, and role modelling performance standards.
- Oversee the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, and arrange relief for school support staff, and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Assist the Principal with the preparation of the school budget and administer day to day financial matters (i.e. accounts payable/receivable, corporate card monitoring, reconciliations, banking), input and export data to/from OneSchool for the Principal, to assist with budgeting and financial management.
Please view the Role Description for a full list of duties.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.