About the role
This position is responsible for Council’s interface with CivicRisk Mutual and their service providers (Insurance Broker and claims managers) and ensuring that Council’s insurance program remains current and up-to-date.
- Liaise with the business and insurers to determine required insurances. Collate and provide information. Advise funding requirements – coverage must be adequate and renewed on time.
- Undertake the collation of renewal schedules/declarations and provide budget estimates to Finance.
- Where necessary appoint investigators and claims managers.
- Manage the conduct of investigations into incidents and claims.
- Provide advice and assistance to all levels of staff in the generation of consistent risk assessments address incidents and claims.
- Identify and implement initiatives to minimise Council’s public liability and property risk exposures.
- Consult with and provide advice to/from insurers, solicitors, managers and officers.
- Appropriately notify claims or circumstances that may give rise to a claim to insurers.
- Liaise with investigators and claims managers; undertake regular claims reviews.
- Analyse claims and incidents, identify trends and discuss/make recommendations for improvements to reduce risk exposures.
About the person
The successful candidate should have previous experience in a claims and risk management environment in a medium to large size organisation. It would be preferred but not essential for applicants to have a Tertiary Qualification (Diploma Level) in Risk Management, Insurance or Business and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven research and analytical skills in investigating claims and assessing liability.
- Ability to maintain the Access Incident and Claims Management database.
- Undertake the statistical analysis of claims.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal/external customers.
- Work independently and meet strict deadlines.
- claims and risk management environment in a medium to large size organisation.
- interpersonal and written communication at a high-level including negotiations and facilitation.
- Management of hostile claimants liaison with claims managers, investigators and insurers.
- Management of the insurance budget; investigation and resolution of budget issues and variances.
- Good understanding of the legislative, operational and political structure of local councils
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $97,512.25p.a. plus Superannuation. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Bruce Ferguson on (02) 9806 5020.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11:30pm, 11 January 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
Coordinator Insurance and Claims - PD