Job No: CN2360
- Operate strategically to adapt or introduce new operating models.
- 36 month, fixed-term contract role for 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including an optional 9-day fortnight.
City of Newcastle (CN) is looking for an exceptional Customer Experience Strategist to anticipate the ever-evolving customer expectations and experiences and work strategically to address the organisation’s ability to adapt or introduce new operating models and ways of working.
By developing and implementing strategies to enhance best practice customer outcomes aligned with our CX Vision and strategic objectives, you will support the wide scale adoption of a CX mindset and take all opportunities to drive CX best practise into the heart of every CN product, service and process.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities, and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, Business/Marketing, UX Design or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the successful design and implementation of end to end customer experience programs / CX capability across research, strategy, vision, design and agile delivery.
- Track record of successfully delivering strategic transformation work for clients in an agile environment with demonstrated results and effectiveness.
- Expert knowledge in CX methodologies and tools, and a proven ability to apply this knowledge across a variety of project types.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in design thinking / human centred design, experience / journey mapping, service design, persona generation, pain points/gain points, prototyping and the use of these principles/insights to solve problems and create opportunities for customers.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with proven abilities in consultation and influencing at all levels, and the capacity to develop and manage effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with confidence in delivering engaging presentations, workshops and training sessions which are logical, coherent, concise and jargon-free, supported by robust insights and data.
- Strong strategic mindset with experience in developing and executing strategic plans into operational practice based on customer knowledge/insight.
- Curious and creative with a passion for problem solving and learning with skills in dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplined, team environment.
- Demonstrated customer focus with a can-do attitude, outcome-driven, adaptable and a passion for customer-centric innovation and improvement.
- Ability to challenge the status quo while working within a structured and highly legislated environment.
- An eye for the latest CX trends and metrics, technology and emerging platforms.
- Demonstrates the values and behaviours that contribute to a constructive, high performance culture.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- SCRUM, PSPO or CSPO certification.
- Design Thinking and Human Centred Design courses.
- Prosci Organisational Change Management certification.
- Understanding of the local government context and an awareness of services provided by Council to the community.
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 10 January 2021.
Remuneration: $107,622 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Deborah Moldrich – Manager Customer Experience – 02 4974 2068.