Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Central Desert Regional Council is looking to appoint an exciting opportunity as a Manager - Finance. The role will have a clear mandate for the Management and Leadership of the Finance team across Property & Revenue, Finance and Payroll functions. The role will coordinate and produce reports for financial management and financial control, budgeting, annual reporting and track investments/cash flow.
Operating under the direction of the Director Corporate Services and in accordance with Regional Council regional plans, policies, relevant legislation and accounting standards this position is responsible for the financial management of the Council and the supervision and successful operation of Council's Finance Section.
Keys to your success
- Manage the finance team to ensure its establishment, structure, skills and productivity matches Council's requirements.
- Supervise and deliver the Council finance and accounting functions in line with Council Finance Policy and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of the finance system is maintained including the management of end of year processes.
- Provide financial and financial system advice to other departments and Council
- Liaise with the Department of Local Government, other relevant funding bodies and auditors on all financial matters to ensure all appropriate records and reporting are delivered and the Council finance system is operating effectively and efficiently.
- Over see the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and liaise with auditors as required.
- Develop and prepare financial monthly reports for Council and management purposes.
- Provide advice to the Director, Chief Executive Officer and Council on any issues arising from reports required.
- Facilitate the development of the Council budget and forward financial modelling.
- In conjunction with all Council Departments, draft an annual budget within agreed timelines for ratification by Council.
- Monitor and review budgets as require by relevant legislation/accounting regulations and provide financial reports Council and funding agencies where required.
- Develop and maintain a forward financial model/plan in conjunction with the annual budget for the period as required under legislation/accounting regulations or a longer period as required by Council.
- Oversee the preparation of Council's General Purpose Financial Statements, Special Purpose Financial Statements and Special Schedules, and provide clear and complete workpapers to satisfy audit requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of clear and timely financial reports relevant to the needs of a range of internal and external users, including for grant acquittals, investments, reserve balances, and committee expenditure.
- Develop, review and update Council's Finance and Accounting policies for adoption by Council, and implement policy decisions
What’s on offer?
- Salary $111,469.75 (Pro-rata if part time) plus a range of additional benefits including,
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact HR Recruitment on 8958 9500.
Are you our next Finance Manager?
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below. Applicants are required to provide a written application that addresses the selection criteria and to also complete the 'Application for advertised vacancy' form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
File Application for advert form
PDF icon Position Description and Information Package