Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award – State 2017
Salary $89,814.00 – $95,329.00 per annum
(Dependent on qualifications and experience)
An opportunity exists within Mount Isa City Council for an Asset Management Coordinator to join our team. This position supports Council’s direction by managing the maintenance, integration and development of an efficient corporate Asset Management System and Geographical Information System. The position will collaborate with other staff members across Council and other agencies, actively seeking and using information to ensure that asset management systems and related mapping data is reliable, support Council’s services and meet community needs and objectives.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in a local government or similar environment desired;
- Experience in the development of Asset Management Plans;
- Experience in undertaking duties of innovative and/or critical nature;
- Knowledge of GIS and data management systems;
- Must possess and maintain a current Queensland “C” Class motor vehicle drivers licence;
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills;
- Substantial work experience relevant to the position desired;
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline together with minimum 4 years relevant experience in the maintenance and development of asset data collection and asset management systems or other similar systems;
- Ability in presenting and reporting financial information;
- Ability to effectively operate Council’s computer systems including AutoCAD, finance record keeping, customer request, mapping, asset management and the MS Office Suite;
- Ability to identify initiatives that will result in asset and spatial (GIS) information management being carried out in the most efficient and effective manner;
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions on complex issues having regard for all relevant policies, objectives, budgets, corporate direction and stakeholder impact;
- Demonstrated skills to apply developed practices and procedures to resolve problems and develop other solutions using initiative and creativity to promote solutions;
- High level of confidentiality and ability to exercise discretion in a professional manner essential;
- Solid time management, planning and organisational skills;
- Specialist skills exercised within a multi-discipline operation of computing/spatial science/asset management and/or engineering; and
- High level communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills relevant to the position and strongly focused on the provision of quality customer service.
You are required to provide written responses to the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the back of the position description.
Applicants may be required to undertake and pass a pre-employment medical.
The benefits of working for Local Government:
Council offers excellent working conditions, generous superannuation benefits (up to 12%); 36.25 hour working week with Council’s flexitime agreement and 5 weeks annual leave.
You will require the application form and Position Description to effectively respond to the Key Selection Criteria. Applications should be supported by full resumes, a completed application form and must address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed on the Position Description.
Applications Close on Monday 25 January 2021 at 5pm.